We played around for about 20 minutes before heading over to the pumpkins. As soon as we walked in, Charlton ran over to a huge table of gourds and picked one and called it his pumpkin. We were laughing about it and I pointed him over to the hundreds and hundreds of real pumpkins he could chose. He would have nothing to do with them. He had his pumpkin and he didn't need anything else. I tried several times but he just wanted that gourd. Fine with me, whatever makes him happy. We then went over to the store and stocked up on cider, breads, pickles and best of all, apple spiced donuts a la Hailey.
Rob and I, but mostly me, really thought Charlton would like carving a pumpkin so we went and found one of the few left at Walmart. So now Charlton has a jack-o-lantern as well as a pumpkin gourd.
2 comments:
Love the pumpkin ears!
Thanks for the fun day! We loved hanging out with you and Charlton. He is hilarious! Still love his choice for a 'pumpkin!'
Post a Comment