Class is one hour long. The kids spend the first 10 minutes coloring in their sketch books. Teacher Jill is quite impressed with Charlton's scribbling. Supposedly he is an advanced scribbler because he connects his lines in shaky circle shapes and then draws little lines on them. She said that means he is beginning to conceptualize drawing people. Of course, I was beaming from cheek-to-cheek when she told me this but tried to remain humble while the other mothers desperately scanned their child's sketch books for similar talent but found only haphazard marks. Still, as I am the only mother who has yet to enroll next semester, I couldn't help but wonder if there was something else behind Teacher Jill's comment.
Lastly, they used yellow & blue Model Magic. By the time he was done he made a nice green pancake.
3 comments:
That is great! Where is the class? Do they have older kids classes?
Carrie
It's on 25th and Olive, a block south of Dan & Haileys. Takes me about 20 minutes to walk, would be shorter for you. Its called Fairmount Art Center. I'm really impressed with the setup and teacher. She's got a good gig going.
Ryan will be so proud! Are you sure our kids weren't swapped at birth or something?
Post a Comment